Hancock County Government

Friday, January 05, 2007

Supervisor - District 2

Incumbent:

Roderick (Rocky) Pullman - Democrat - chose not to participate

Qualifying:

Norman Ferguson - Democrat - chose not to participate


Guy Fricke - Republican

I am a life-long resident of Hancock County. I am also the owner of GDF Construction. My wife Yolanda and I have been married for 27 years, we have three children and one grandchild.

My goal as Supervisor of District 2 is to ensure that the citizens will be able to rebuild their homes as fast as possible and will not be hindered by the politics of the county. Also, that they will have a better understanding of the progression of their community. It is important to me that you and I in our own community will not be without knowledge of the rebuilding process that is continuing to move forward.

My only political agenda is that the county will be run the way the people of the county want it to be run.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your vote.

no response before deadline


Cedric Ladner - Democrat - chose not to participate

Tommy McArthur - Democrat - chose not to participate



Larry B. Smith - Democrat

My name is Larry B. Smith and I am running for Supervisor, District 2. I am the son of Pinkie and Pasty Smith and a lifelong resident of Necaise Crossing. I am a 1968 Graduate of Hancock North Central and attended Pearl River Community College and received a Vocational Degree in Pipe Welding.

Currently, I am a Partner in Smith Gravel & Trucking and an active member of Steep Hollow Baptist Church. My family is a very important part of my life. I have two sons, two daughter-in laws, and a granddaughter.

I am running for Supervisor because I believe I can work with and for the people of District 2 so that everyone in the entire district is represented.

no response before deadline


Blake Werner - Republican - chose not to participate



Wayne Whitney - Republican

My main objective for running for county supervisor is simple. Because our county has been through a lot lately,
as we all know, we are faced with many new decisions. I would like to help the people of our county with these decisions - to seek out my neighbors' needs, opinions, questions and wants. To bring them the necessary point of answers. If elected, it will be my first time holding a political office. Maybe this is the approach we need for a better county.

I'm a plain man who is not afraid of challenge and is willing to learn what is needed of me. I'm here to stay and just want a chance to work for my county and its' people.

Thank you and I'll see you at the polls.

Feel free to call 228-304-0217

2 Comments:

  • We've already received a few comments, but the site is still "under construction." However, all comments will be saved and posted when the site becomes officially activated - hopefully sometime in late April. THANKS!

    By Blogger Ellis Anderson, at 5:07 PM  

  • Is it proper for an elected official to curse in an open meeting? I don't mean when he/she is angry... I mean just in casual settings in meetings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page