Hancock County Government

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Supervisor - District 5

Incumbent:

Jay Cuevas - Republican - chose not to participate


Qualifying:

"Kojack" Carl Ladner - Democrat

I am a life-long citizen of Hancock County. I've been married to my wife for twenty-five years and have one son that is attending Hancock High School.

After graduating from Hancock High, I went to work for the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for twenty-nine years, eight of which I spent as the Supervisor over Hancock County and another five years spent being Superintendent over Pearl River, Harrison, and Hancock counties.

I've had to maintain the state's roads, bridges, and highways to keep them safe for public use and keep traveling safe. I've also tried my best to satisfy the public and attend to their needs by keeping track and solving complaints by them. It is my wish that I could have the same chance to serve the public by being elected Board of Supervisor from the voters of Hancock County that I did at the Mississippi Department of Transportation. If elected I'm going to be fair, honest, and willing to help and serve the public to the best of my abilities.

no response before deadline



Tony Wayne Ladner - Democrat

Hello, my name is Tony Wayne Ladner. I am seeking the seat of Hancock County Supervisor District 5. I am a practicing Catholic, a life-long resident of Hancock County, and a graduate of Hancock High School. I am married to Yolanda Ladner. I have three beautiful children. I am the former owner of Rockin L Trucking.

I am very committed to being a part of helping establish, create and provide a better and brighter future for Hancock County.

If elected as your Supervisor, I will try to accomplish to the best of my abilities the following concerns of our county:

Management of the County Budget
Promotion of our Economic Growth
Campaigning for State and Federal Funds
Coordinating with all Department Heads
Assisting in Senior Citizen and Youth Programs
Promoting and Managing Recreation
Promoting our Volunteer Services

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at 228-669-7031.

no response before deadline



Wanda Ladner - Democrat

“Remember the past, look forward to the future.”

I would like you to know a little about myself. I am a wife of 25 years, a mother, and grandmother. I have worked in banking for 8 years, which will help with any financial and payroll issues that are voted on. I consider myself to be dependable, and hard working.

I have also worked for Hancock County School District in the Transportation Department for 5 years, where I established the bus routes and created maps for drivers. In doing this, I became aware of road conditions in Hancock County. If elected I will see to it that our roads are kept maintained for our children, our vehicles, and our school buses.

I would like to see our Supervisors united and working together to make our county the best it can be. We may have five districts, but we are only one county!





Wesley Lossett - Democrat

I am a graduate of PRC High School and attended Pearl River Junior College. I have worked in law enforcement for 20 years serving the public and performing Administrative capabilities while working with Local Governments.

I have listened to and witnessed the needs and frustrations of the people regarding; lack of improvements, slow recovery process, the red-tape of rebuilding and basic needs not being met in our county.

There is no excuse for our county being so far behind other counties in the process of progression.

I strongly believe all meetings should be publicly announced so that all county residents have the opportunity to attend and be made aware of decisions being made concerning our county, and their communities. I stand firm in my belief of accountability and accessibility of an elected official by their constituents.”

I reside in Kiln with my wife Susan and our four children.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page